Once in a while you get shown the light In the strangest places if you look at it right

Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

New year, new you! new me!

Well, not quite :)

The old year went out more with a whimper than a bang, in true T.S. Eliot style. Toasted with Cruzan and Oregon Trail, I didn't even bother with Dick Clark or Ryan Seacrest or any other number of celebrities enticing me to count and cheer and frolic. Not even a New Years kiss for this old girl! But never the less, it's a new year, a new beginning, a new start! Isn't that so enticing? I think that's half the reason people get their panties in such a bunch over New Years... the concept of second chances, a fresh start, is so intoxicating.

I won't make any resolutions this year.. they're an invitation to personal failure :) But I do have ideas about how I want to live my life, what I am and am not willing to compromise on. Call it a resolution if you want, I call it a life direction. I plan to write here more, it's like inexpensive therapy. I also intend to get another massage. I know , I know, that really has nothing to do with anything else, but I slept on the sofa last night and my neck could use a good rubdown. It just SOUNDS good.

So happy new year :) May it be better than the last, no matter how good your 08 was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home