Once in a while you get shown the light In the strangest places if you look at it right

Monday, October 13, 2008

Spirit of a Storm

Sometimes I'll hear a song that particularly resonates with me... a song that makes me pause and think or smile.

This song actually made me pull over.

I'm not a "ZOMG LYRICS EMOPOST!" person, but I think these lyrics warrant it.

"Spirit of a Storm", by Kenny Chesney, from the album Lucky Old Sun

There's a spirit of a storm in my soul
A restlessness that I can't seem to tame
A thunder and lightning follow everywhere I go
There's a spirit of a storm in my soul

Ther's a hurricane that's ragin through my blood
And i can't find a way to calm the seas.
Maybe I'll find someday the waters aren't so rough
But right now they've got the best of me.

And oh... it's been a long long time
Since I had real peace of mind
So I'm just going to sit right here
In this old chair
Til this storm rolls by

And oh maybe it's just the way I am
Maybe I won't ever change.
So I'm just going to sit right here
In this old chair
And just soak up the rain.....

There's a spirit of a storm in my soul.
And every time I think it's gone away
The dark clouds gather, that old wind begins to blow.
The sun is gonna shine someday, I hope.
But there's a spirit of a storm in my soul....
In my soul.

1 Comments:

Blogger karibbean said...

this is my second favorite song on the album right after way down here.

i know exactly how you feel.

October 28, 2008 at 5:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home